This course develops the basic competencies for the CPIM certification (Certified in Inventory and Production Management). This first step is called CPIM Part 1. The CPIM certification is earned once passed the exams of the CPIM 1 and 2.
This course prepares for the first exam to get the CPIM certification by APICS (www.apics.org) the woldwide leading professional association for supply chain and operations management. It is a recognition that facilitates the adoption of a common language and the acquisition of basic competencies in operations and supply chain management, to get a sound capability of problem solving with best practices and effective communication.
Basics of Supply Chain Management Fundamentals
- Introduction to Supply Chain Management
- The components of the manufacturing business model.
- The five manufacturing environments and their determinants.
- Supply chain definition and models
- Demand Management
- Marketing management and customer relationship management.
- Role and objectives of demand planning, such as forecasting and customer order management
- Master Planning
- Importance of the priority plan
- Sales and Operations Planning (S&OP)
- Master Scheduling
- Material Requirements Planning
- MRP environment and logic
- Bill of materials
- Managing the priority plan
- Capacity Management and Production Activity Control
- Load and capacity calculation
- The capacity requirements planning
- Bottlenecks, flow control, etc.
- Aggregate Inventory Management and Item Inventory Management
- Functions of inventory
- Financial statements of inventory
- When and how much to order.
- Purchasing and Physical Distribution
- Purchasing process
- Selecting and managing suppliers
- Distribution Requirements Planning.
- Lean and Quality System
- Productivity and quality systems
- Lean basics
- Total quality management tools
- Theory of Constraints
- Managing the constraints
- Planning and scheduling
- The five focusing steps.
Who should attend
- Production managers
- Logistics managers
- Buyers and planners
- Professionals in logistics and production
- Anybody who wants to earn an operations management certificate
Giuseppe Lovecchio, CPIM-F, CSCP-F, CLTD-F, ACPF, PMP, CMC
APICS Master Instructor since 2011
Subject Matter Expert for the CSCP & CLTD Learning System
More than 4000 education hours already delivered to managers and executives