This course prepares for a basic knowledge of distribution and logistics management techniques based on APICS body of knowledge (www.apics.org). The goal of this course is to introduce the foundations of distribution and logistics management. Among the topics discussed are the basics of logistics management, the principles and activities of warehousing, the principles and activities of transportation, fulfillment, distribution channel design and more.
Sessions offered in this course include
- Operations Management Foundations
- Introduction to Distribution and Logistics
- Channel Network Design
- Inventory Management
- Distribution Requirements Planning (DRP)
- Warehouse Management
- Packaging and Material Handling
- Transportation Management
- Transportation Operations.
Who should attend
- Logistics managers
- Distribution managers
- Inventory and warehouse managers
- Warehouse and inventory personnel
- Anybody who wants to be prepared on inventory topics
Giuseppe Lovecchio, CFPIM, CSCP, ACPF, PMP
APICS Master CPIM and CSCP Instructor.
More than 4000 education hours already delivered to managers and executives
Duration and delivery mode
- Three days
- Sessions in english, french or italian
- In-company or in class
- The course is composed by the above three modules, with english documentation
The course includes the necessary documentation to be effectively prepared
At the end of the course a certificate of attendance will be delivered by an APICS Master CPIM & CSCP Instructor. This module can be highly customizable with the other 5 modules of the “APICS Principles of Operations Management” series, that are totally:
- Principles of Distribution and Logistics (PDL)
- Principles of Inventory Management (PIM)
- Principles of Managing Operations (PMO)
- Principles of Manufacturing Management (PMM)
- Principles of Operations Planning (POP),
starting from job roles and knowledge gaps to cover.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or from the page Contact Us!