CASE STUDY 1
Customer: hardware home furnishings wholesale / retail
- new space for sales and merchandising
- reorganization of the retail store and distribution center
Covered area: 1,730 sq.m.
Height: 6.5 m
Volume: 11,240 cubic meters
- long queues to the counter (more than 20 min)
- lack of material traceability
- materials stored in non-organized spaces
- picking done traditionally
- survey on existing product categories (more than 50,000 end items of various shapes and sizes);
- reclassification of materials according to the load / capacity profile of the new warehouse ;
- new layout for product families;
- coordination with structural and architectural designers to optimize the material flow according to building constraints.
- Uncovered area: 6,912 sq.m.
- Covered area : 9,696 sq. m.
- Height under beam: 9 m
- Volume: 91,143 cubic meters
- Number of pallet locations: 7,330
- Cantilever: 1.126 m
- Light shelving: 4,606 m
- Material entry area : 720 sq.m.
- Shipping Area: 600 sq.m.
- Automatic Vertical Storage: 3,360 cubic meters
- availability of suitable areas for business development;
- reduction of picking lead time (from 20 to 5 minutes);
- defined identification of store areas by product families.