CASE STUDY 3
Customer: retail home furnishings and ceramics
- new spaces for sales and merchandising;
- development of new business product line.
Covered area: 6,000 sq.m.
Height: 4.5 m
Volume: 2,700 cubic meters
- spaces only for the retail sale of ceramics and sanitary;
- lack of material traceability;
- traditional picking activities.
- AS-IS analysis of product families by location, volumes, etc;
- simulation of storage volumes for new business development;
- reclassification of materials according to load / capacity curves;
- new layout for product families.
- Total area reorganized: 28,000 sq.m.
- Covered area: 4,100 sq.m.
- Number of pallets: 1,422
- Number of pallets stacked: 2,448
- Light shelving: 460 m
- new layout according to the need of the new business product lines;
- reduction of picking lead time;
- three types of storage: stack / bulk / light shelves;
- outlet areas reorganization.