The approach is to integrate the material flows within a warehouse, with the structural / architectural facets, so enabling a faster return on investment of the structure, a reduction of logistics costs affecting the cost of goods sold (COGS), and an increase of the product margin.
How warehouse design works :
1. Plotting of the existing warehouse/production layout (if it exists), based on :
- Shelving and storage systems
- Handling systems
- Cube utilization and accessibility
- Load of goods by product family
- Current rules and procedures (material entry, picking, shipping, e
2. Analysis of business development in the next 3-5 years and requirements of the average load by product family; “as is” and “to be” inventory analysis; functional features of the new warehouse;
3. Development of a new macro-layout including:
- Optimized material flow in receiving / storage / picking / staging / shipping
- Appropriate storage systems for the desired inventory turn and safety
- Consistent handling systems to storage capabilities
- Correct location of goods to minimize picking/shipping cost, reducing waste and lead time
- Location of individual items in the warehouse (stock location)
- Simplified and streamlined management systems (lean warehousing).
Additionally to the warehouse design, we propose a global approach for optimizing existing warehouses in their day to day activities.
Other examples of projects done at www.zerocarbonwarehouse.com
- Reduced warehouse and inventory costs
- More efficient use of space and resources
- Reduced risk in the integration of technologies, tools, processes, methods
- Better coordination of people
If you are interested, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or from the page Contact Us!